Re: How to confirm subscriptions by e-mail on a PHP site ?

Hi George,

Thank you for your answer.

The future users of the site i'm doing can register freely.
No need for aproval.

I just want to ensure that there are no fake subscriptions or fake e-mails.

I was thinking more in something like an email sent back after the form
fill, with an URL back to the site that makes the conformation.
I'm doing some experimentations on this field.

When they fill in the form, all data goes to the DB along with a random
generated code. There's a boolean field called confirmed, that has an
obvious job, i. e., defaults to FALSE.
After that, i send them a mail with an URL ending in ?code=345njkh53h23
If they click on them and the codes match, the boolean field in the DB
switches to TRUE.

I think it's a bit complicated engine for such a simple field.

Any sugestion about easying the process ?

Warm Regards,
Mário Gamito