Re: Components

Jason Wong wrote:

On Tuesday 17 May 2005 07:27, Evert | Rooftop wrote:

Thank you I will look into it ;) but right now I'm also looking for the
php-developers' opinions.
So, what are your ideas about this?

I strongly suggest that you look at the existing projects, see which one most closely matches your vision then start contributing to it.

I recently had a look at the existing PHP framework projects and whilst there is no shortage of choice the one common attribute most share is the lack of adequate documentation.

So rather than starting YAPF[1] go and make an existing one better!

[1] Yet Another PHP Framework

Yea I guess already have YAPF, but right now it totally runs my business and pays my bills, drinks, vacations and party's =)
In a few months there will be an official release, right now I only make money of it by deploying it at clients and because my partners use it.

My major partner www.collab.nl deploys it at every site where Flash Communication Server is needed, because flashcom can access it directly through AMF.

So I think it has a future. Right now if the framework doesn't have a future, I'm not sure I have one, so I have to believe in it =) It has already increased my efficiency with at least 500% and this rate is still going up.

grt,
Evert