Components

Hi people,

I'm working on a component system and started with a component class.
The idea is the following:

<component id="c1" type="forms/LoginForm" class="joop" />
<component id="c2" type="TextArea" width="200px">
  Sample text
</component>
<component id="c3" type="VPanel" class="sample">
 <component id="c4" type="Button" caption="Yoo!" />
</component>

Don't worry about speed or anything, I'm taking care of that..

This is my PseudoComponent class

   class PseudoComponent extends PseudoModule {

function __construct(&$sabretooth, $id) {}// constructs the component
function __destruct() {} // destructs the component
function addChild(&$child) {} // Ads a child to the component function canAcceptCDATA {} // Returns wheter or not this component can contain CDATA
function canHaveChildren {} // Returns wheter or not this component can contain children
function display() { // displays the component
function displayChildren{} // displays component children
function &getParent() // returns this components' parent
function getProperty($property) {} // returns a property-value
function insertComponent($targer) {} // inserts this component into another component
function setProperty($property,$value) {} // sets a property

   }

I want to give PHP to have a natural application-programming feel, along with events and all (which is implemented by the PseudeModule class).
And after that, start off with a web-based PHP RAD tool. (which I plan to do with either document.designMode or XUL)
||But! I also want to keep things simple, a low learning curve, and still very extensible.

I want to start really good and I have given myself a lot of thought about it and I decided the best thing for me would be to start out with a proper base class while looking at how the guys from Macromedia Flex and Borland Delphi did it =)

This is my idea, am I missing something essetial, I know everything is still very vague, but if you could give a comment on it, I would appriciate.

One issue I still have, I would like to make the components produce different output based on skins, to give an idea about how I want to do this, i'll show you an example list:

xhtml_default
xhtml_fire
xhtml_storm
wml_default