Re: Problem with an excel file generated with a PHP class

Jay Blanchard wrote:
Hi all,

I am getting this error when generating an excel file

blah.xls cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be
trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is
stored on may not be responding.

I get this error if I click 'Open' in the dialog box, or if I save it
and then try to open it. At this point I am rather tired and may be
over-looking something. Can someone shed some light on the problem for
me? Thanks!

My guess is that the PHP user is not the same as the user that you're logged in with. Try blah.xls -> right click -> Properties -> [TAB] Security and change the permissions manually.