Re: protect your CSS files, and possibly other extenstions as well...

On Wed, May 11, 2005 4:58 am, Kit DeKat said:
> Richard Lynch wrote:
>
>>You could do all this...
>>
>>Or you could just move the files outside your web tree and change your
>>include path.  [shrug]
>>

> This is probably true, but I was thinking of a virtual hosting
> environment where its easier to maintain the code when its all in a
> sub-directory named by the address. But even then I guess you can make
> the document root one below the virtual host root and then place
> includes next to the document root to keep them grouped together, yet
> seperated.

If your host won't let you have any files outside the web tree, get a new
host.

It's that simple.

Really.

Cuz if they don't "get" it that you need that, then they don't know
diddly-squat about Security, and your host's box is a hack meltdown
waiting to happen.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm