Re: need manual reload on Mac client

I would first look to the browser configuration and your html code. Are you using meta tags in your web page like pragma nocache and page expiration? If not, then it's really kind of up to the browser if it's going to reload the entire page from the server. I know there have been issues with Internet Explorer ignoring even the meta tags and http directives (maybe only on the Mac).

If it is a server issue, it is most likely the Web Performance Cache piece of OS X server. I would turn that off if you are not dealing with mainly static content.

But, I would first make sure you have all the proper html and http directives and code. There is a lot of leeway in how browsers act when left to there own "decisions".