Re: Thanks, I understand now

OK, thanks everyone.

My question has been thoroughly answered, and I completely understand now.

I did try the "var $varName;" outside a class, just to see what happened,
and found out it does indeed throw a parse error, so I'll just use a comment
as suggested. I wonder why "Beginning PHP 5 and MySQL from Novice to
Professional by W. Jason Gilmore" says to declare them? I guess he just
meant by assigning a value like: $varName = "Null" or something. I just have
to get used to this new way of "declaring" -lol.

-Jon