Re: XSL:FO + PHP

On 05/05/2005, at 7:14 AM, Kristen G. Thorson wrote:

Dan Rossi wrote:

On 05/05/2005, at 5:57 AM, Kristen G. Thorson wrote:

especially since this wasn't to be our final approach. I'd be interested if you find out more information on the subject.

What did you decide on ?

LOL. That part got beyond me. I don't understand how all the PDF forms stuff works, and I wasn't a part of the implementation of it. Something like XML + FDF = PDF. We decided against using the XSL:FO because we needed to create a form, but this form had an exact layout that we would need to emulate, and the other way was the path of least resistance.

kgt

a form in a pdf ? Eek ok FDF , do you mean FPDF ? Frankly i find XSL:FO easier to code than native FPDF :) Anyway I have started on the FOP examples on the apache site and cooking up a java app that can spit out the byteArray to the screen as standard out :) It'll do similar to how the servlet does it and how php does readfile, dont know of any memory issues as I am totally java green :)