XSL:FO + PHP

Hi there, I am looking at integrating XSL:FO and PHP to convert html templated data into pdf's using xml and xsl. I was wondering if anyone has had success with this ? I have seen the pear package which does this but requires the experimental java extension. Let me know, it looks easy executing the bits of the commandline apart from giving the parameter an xml string of data from the database rather than a file and outputting to the browser rather than saving to a pdf file.

Let me know thanks.