Re: Mac OS X compilation problem

On Wed, April 27, 2005 4:53 am, Marcus Bointon said:
> In the past I've had success compiling PHP4 on OS X. However, now I'm
> trying to get PHP5 working and not having much luck. I'm getting
> configure to work, and make goes ok until the final linking stage at
> which point I get this error:
>
> ld: unknown flag: -export-symbols
> make: *** [libs/libphp5.bundle] Error 1
>
> It seems that that flag must be set in a make file somewhere (it's not
> in my environment), and it's certainly not documented in the OS X ld
> man pages.
>
> Not sure if it makes any difference, but most of the external modules
> that PHP uses are built from fink. I need some modules that are not
> supported in any of the pre-built fink PHP5 packages, and I'm used to
> compiling it without difficulty on Linux and OpenBSD.
>
> Anyone else run into this or have any idea how I might fix it?

This is probably one of those boneheaded answers, but you could try to
edit the Makefile by hand and take out the -export-symbols and see what
happens...

Copy the file somewhere safe first, so you have a pristine copy to fall
back to when it doesn't work. :-)

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm