Re: LDAP and .htaccess

On Wed, April 27, 2005 12:08 pm, Bret Walker said:
> Well, the download.php script would allow me to protect certian files,
> but is there a way to protect all files?  For example, images that I
> would like to include in my php pages.

As noted, you could put your images outside the webtree and then use PHP
to serve them all up.

You would want to do this only for images you really cared about,
probably, for performance reasons.

> Could I silently pass a username and password to htaccess?  Can htaccess
> be set to use a php script instead of a htpasswd file?

Search http://php.net/ for HTTP Authentication.  You'll find a PHP script
that sends the same headers as .htaccess/htpasswd, and then you can use
LDAP there, or MySQL or whatever you want.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm