Re: Localhost not working with cookies

Richard Lynch wrote:
On Sun, April 17, 2005 1:05 pm, Proudly Pinoy said:

I've read from php.net/setcookie and codecomments.com that using localhost
won't work with cookies and neither are IP addresses. So how do I test
cookies on local system?

Works for me.

Maybe doesn't work with specific broken browsers or something, but you
just need it to work for development, where you pick the browser, no?

You'd have to do QA on a non-localhost for those browsers so badly broken
as to not do Cookies for localhost, but that should not be too onerous.

What I did when I had that same problem was to add the following record in the HOSTS file in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc
127.0.0.1 my.local.com localhost

--
Joseph L. Mueller