Re: Accented character 'echo'ed randomly

"John Coppens" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 19:14:17 +0200
> satyam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Satyam) wrote:
>
>> One think I can tell you for sure because I just checked is that
>> Microsoft does not list 'lang' as an atribute for the html tag, so I
>> wouldn't expect Internet Explorer to care about it:
>>
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/objects/html.asp?frame=true
>
> Ok. MS ignores many standards and norms. I took the information from:
>
> http://www.w3.org/International/articles/language-tags/
>
>> I think that what you are looking for is to define the character set,
>> as I mentioned in a previous reply.
>
> Apparently this is a specific problem with Mozilla. I tried with Firefox,
> Opera and Dillo, and didn't have any problem. I've traced the HTTP
> exchange over the 'net, and the HTML code is served correctly. It's the
> browser that gets confused.

I like it, you complain about Microsoft ignoring standards, but your problem
is with Mozilla, and you still have not told us whether you have tried the
most obvious, which is indicating the character set has worked for you.  How
about just trying?  And, by the way, my native language does use many
characters with diacritical marks so you might as well take some little
advice from someone who has done it before you.