Re: Accented character 'echo'ed randomly

"John Coppens" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
The page is started with <html lang="es">, according to rfc3066.

John
----------------------------
I am not sure this applies to your problem.  The language is not the same as
the character set.  There are several character sets which can represent
many European languages, and most European languages share the same
character set.  Frontpage puts a language meta tag which is just for the
purpose of the spellchecker.  In a browser it might help a speech
synthetizer to use the proper pronuntiation rules.

One think I can tell you for sure because I just checked is that Microsoft
does not list 'lang' as an atribute for the html tag, so I wouldn't expect
Internet Explorer to care about it:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/objects/html.asp?frame=true

I think that what you are looking for is to define the character set, as I
mentioned in a previous reply.

Satyam