Re: [semi OT]: Planning projects

Well this one hasn't been offered yet:

I just subscribed to php|architect and there was an article in either
the Feb or March issue (I got them 1 day apart so I don't remember off
hand) about a system of design. I'll try not to give too much away,
but it used index cards. The index cards each represented a class.
They were split down the center and on one side the methods of the
class was named and on the right the right, all of the class's
dependencies were written down. So a DB class might have a dependancy
on the DB software and related functions. A session handling class,
however, might call a method of setCookie or sessionHandler or some
such.

Oh, and for those of you who don't currently subscribe to php|arch, I
would suggest it. It has some interesting articles about subjects and
technologies relating to php that you won't find elsewhere. Not only
that, but these guys know what they're talking about.

That's just my $.02
-justin
--
Justin Lilly