Re: Custom errors handling class problem

On Fri, March 18, 2005 12:46 am, Mihai Frisan said:
> I use a custom errors handling class, which set one of its methods as
> the php errors handler.
> All works well when I use this class in a file with only procedural code
> (all errors are caught by the custom errors handling class), but if  I
> instantiate another class in this file, and in this class I have a
> error, this error is not caught by the custom errors handling class that
> I defined, instead is caught by the implicit php error handler.
> My question is what can I do to make my custom error handling class
> catch all the errors, even if they are in another class that I have
> instantiated?

Some errors are simply too heinous for PHP set_error_handler to catch.

See user notes on php.net/set_error_handler for discussion.

I think that's where it is...  Maybe in bugs.php.net

At any rate, if you are hitting one of these errors, it has nothing to do
with your class, and everything to do with what set_error_handler simply
cannot cope with.

If your PHP source code simply cannot be parsed, those errors will not get
caught by set_error_handler.

That could be what's in your class file.

You'd have to tell us the error message and maybe even show us the lines
near the PHP error message.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm