Re: WORK WITH PHP FILES REMOTELY WITH NotePad ? YES/NO ?

WORK WITH PHP FILES REMOTELY WITH NotePad ? YES/NO ?
I want to know if when be online I CAN OPEN A FILE FROM A WEB LOCATION
HOST - MINE and after I modify it save it again to my hosting space
WITHOUT save it to my PC first using NotePad and I mean entering the
host username&password when OPEN / SAVE ...? ATTENTION: I DO NOT MEAN
SAVE IT TO MY HDD FIRST AND AFTER UPLOAD IT !!! TELL ME THIS SAMELY FOR
Dreamweaver MX ?

First of all, you need to calm down, STOP YELLING, and be less aggressive in your emails. Remember that you're asking for free help from strangers here.

Second, what you are asking is a Notepad question, it actually has __nothing__ to do with PHP.

Third, Notepad is a very bare bones text editor and does not have features like the one you're looking for.

Fourth, a great way to see what an application can do is open it and look at the menus. Like File. Like File>Open.

Fifth, yes, Notepad can open remote files if you can connect to the remote server from your computer. This is true of any application.

Sixth, can __you__ actually connect to your remote server from Windows so that you can open a networked file? Um, I'm guessing not.

Seventh, many FTP applications let you set an external text editor. This would let you connect to the server, edit a file in Notepad, and save it, without saving it to your hard drive first.

Eighth, many of these answers will be the same for Dreamweaver, although that's a much more sophisticated application. That being said, DW probably has the ability to open and edit remote files. You know what would be a good way to find out for certain? Check out a DW reference or open the application.

Ninth, there's is no number nine.

Tenth, again, this isn't really a PHP question.

Larry