From: Mark Charette [mailto:charette@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 20 March 2005 01:29
To: Leonidas Savvides
Cc: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  WORK WITH PHP FILES REMOTELY WITH NotePad ? YES/NO ?

Leonidas Savvides wrote:
 > ATTENTION: I DO NOT MEAN
> SAVE IT TO MY HDD FIRST AND AFTER UPLOAD IT !!! TELL ME THIS SAMELY
FOR
> Dreamweaver MX ?

Not in PHP. It's a client side trick (done with machine and/or OS
specific code). Even Web-based Documentum (eRooms) uses a staging
directory on the users HDD before invoking the correct program. Works
well with custom COM objects on the PC side integrated with MSIE, barely

and very error-prone with any other browser.