Re: PHP 5.0.3 and base64 encoded cookie value issue?

> OK, after a little more closer examination, it does
> appear that the 'urlencode' is being used. I did the
> encode/decode thingy. BUT, the only character that is
> being messed up (at least the ones I had) appears to
> be '+'.

This (and following) should make it pretty clear that PHP is doing urldecode:
http://lxr.php.net/source/php-src/main/php_variables.c#217

> After a lot of trial and error, I am fairly convinced
> that PHP parses the Cookie before 'urldecoding' it and
> for some reason the '+' character seems to be treated
> special. It could be that there may be some more
> 'filtering' going on before it reaches the 'urldecode'
> step.
> Richard, thanks for being with this thread so far. I
> will see if i can produce some output.

I'm not saying it isn't doing something with "+" as well -- But the source
is there for you to walk through to find out what it does...

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm