Re: PHP5.0.3 and pam authentication

> I'm trying to use pam_auth for a script.  It loads into php but it's not
> authenticating the users.  I'm using the correct password and username.
> This is a example of how I'm using the function:
>
> pam_auth($_POST[uname], $_POST[passwd], &$error)
>
> Any ideas? Thanks in advance

For starters, you should quote uname and passwd.

It's clear you also have error_reporting too low on your development
server, or PHP would complain about that.

You should not have the & in there.

Finally, according to the pam_auth FAQ, if you using a passwd or shadow
file, your user has to have read permission to read that file.  Seems like
the most likely reason for failure, based on what little info you give
us...

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm