Re: Re: PHP5.0.3 and pam authentication

Jason Barnett wrote:
Chris Dion wrote:

I'm trying to use pam_auth for a script.  It loads into php but it's not
authenticating the users.  I'm using the correct password and username.

you have verified that by doing?:

print_r($_POST);

and you can confirm that you can authenticate against PAM via
another means (outside of php) with those same credentials?

have you followed all the steps mentioned here?:
http://www.math.ohio-state.edu/~ccunning/pam_auth/INSTALL

This is a example of how I'm using the function:

pam_auth($_POST[uname], $_POST[passwd], &$error)

in the mean time...

do: 		$_POST['uname']
and not: 	$_POST[uname]

not that that will fix your problem!

and seeing as you are using php5 the '&' sign preceeding the $error var
is not really cool either - the function should define that its passed by reference,
call-time-pass-by-reference (or whatever the **** its officially called) is
depreciated.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Listen, I don't have the foggiest idea what pam_auth() does. Maybe it's

ditto :-)

some PHP code that you have... but I have never seen it.  So unless you
actually provide us with a little code here 99.9% of us are going to be
clueless about what your function is doing...

Other than that your question is a good one... so please, just ask it
again, but this time give us an idea of what pam_auth() is doing.

--
Teach a man to fish...

NEW? | http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
STFA | http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-general&w=2