Re: Preventing data from being reposted?

rory walsh wrote:
Yeah I got it, cheers. Actually the problem I am getting is more to do with my session variables I think? Here is the jist of the code.

if(log out button has been pressed)
{
session_variable="no"
}

if(log in button has been pressed)
{
session_variable="yes"
}

if(session_variable=="yes")
{
display the string "you have logged in" and place a button on the page so they can log out.
}
else display you are not logged in

the psuedo code seems ok - no way of knowing how this reflects on your actual code tho.

The problem is that I can always get back to the "you have logged in" display by simply pressing back, even though once the user hits the logout button the variable is no longer "yes"? I have to hit the back button a few times to get the "you have logged in" message. No doubt there are mistakes elsewhere in my code, but can anyone just verify that the above code should run without a problem?

maybe you are looking at cached pages in your browser?

if 'session_variable=="yes"' equates to true then you should send out
headers that tell the browser not to cache the output (or make it
private/force-revalidation)

Jochem Maas wrote:

eoghan wrote:

i think ive missed a few mails there...?

rory walsh wrote:

Cheers, I'll take a look, I had tried a search but thunderbird didn't find anything, even with the exact thread title I had to google it? Anyway I'll take a look.

my first google hit on search for the exact title gave me this:

http://www.issociate.de/board/post/171234/Clear_POST_variables_on_page_refresh.html