Re: Preventing data from being reposted?

rory walsh wrote:
Thanks Eoghan, I have tried the following but it still reposts the data from the form and goes back a page?

header("Cache-control: private");
header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate");
header("Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0", false);
header("Pragma: no-cache");

Am I write in assuming that the above headers should prevent the user from going back in the first place as no cache has been taken?

no - just that if they do then the page will have to be reloaded (under std conditions the user then gets the 'Are you sure you want to repost?' kind of message)

before asking anything more on this topic, look up a thread on this
lists archive entitled

'Clear POST variables on page refresh'

this should give you headsup on the issues + a good suggestion by Richard
Lynch on how to handle this (his idea uses md5 hashes to 'auth' specific POST
actions, when the POST occurs the given hash is invalidated... read original thread
for full info)

Eoghan wrote:

you can use header()
http://ie.php.net/header

rory walsh wrote:

Is there anyway I can prevent data from being reposted when I hit the back button on my browser? When I hit back I get a message from my browser asking do I want to repost the data, can I prevent this window from appearing?