Re: Password Protection

Kevin,

I'm having some issues with my email client right now so I'm sorry if you've already found the answer. There is a way for PHP to do this without the need to modify your web server's configuration or bothering with .htaccess/ .htpasswd files by simply modifying the http headers that your pages produce. I'm not about to try to give you a working example as the fine folks at phpmyadmin have already done this in the form of an authentication library. If you have phpMyAdmin installed look in the "libraries/auth" directory for a file called "http.auth.lib.php". If not you can get it from www.phpmyadmin.net

Like I said, it is in library form so you can use it in your program as well (be sure to give credit per the GPL) but I haven't done so, so I'm not sure how much modification might be needed.

Cheers!