Re: Uploading products in database using zip file?

That should be true in general except I believe that WinZip 8(?) introduced a new compression scheme that unzip or infozip or whatever on un*x systems might not handle yet.  It's not backward compatible with older Zip algorithms so even if you're running and older copy of WinZip it won't decompress it.

Just make sure that if you're using WinZip it's a file that's going to be used on a un*x system or possibly on machines that don't have the latest WinZip, that you use the second best compression algorithm.

-TG