Re: Question: re: Session-only cookies and Firefox

RGL wrote:
> Question:
> Has anybody else noticed session-only cookies not disappearing when using
> Firefox? Is this a Firefox bug (should they be notified/ or I get latest
> Firefox) ?
>
> Using IE6 I can:
> setcookie('sesvar', 'this session only', 0, "",
> "www.mypersonaldomain.net");
> This can be read and disappears after the browser has been closed.
>
> Doing the same with Firefox 0.8 the cookie can be read, but also can be
> read
> when the browser has been closed and a new one opened. It can also be read
> after logging out, closing the browser and reopening a new browser.

Perhaps they are duplicating the old IE bug where having a time, but not a
valid path, would make the time element ignored.

Change your code to this:
setcookie('sesvar', 'this session only', 0, "/",
"www.mypersonaldomain.net");

Older IE versions let you have time *AND* path, or neither, but not just
time.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm