Re: Advice/opinion requested on page section lineup

Alp wrote:
Thanks Burhan,

That's almost what I exactly want to do. The question is "how do I start
doing that" which methodlogy, which structure, etc,,,

The first step would be to store the weight value in your database (or wherever) and link it to your modules (or content) that you want ordered.

A very spartan table like :

CREATE TABLE `d-order` (id INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY,
       nid INT,
       oid TINYINT);

Where nid is a foreign key linked to your nodes table, and oid is your order id (the placement order) would work.

Simply SELECT nid,oid FROM `d-order` ORDER BY oid; will get you a listing of what module will go where, from light to heavy (top to down)

I think you can take it from here :)