Re: Re: stream_set_timeout() stream_get_meta_data() etc...

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 13:28:47 -0500 Al <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here is the code I ended up with, I left some test stuff included so
> anyone who may need it has a good start.

Oh, and another thing: if anybody's going to implement this using sockets
instead of fopen(), make sure to send the header "Connection: close" in the
request to the remote server. These days most servers implement HTTP 1.1,
which activates persistent connections by default ie. you'll never get EOF
and you'll always time out. I'm not sure how fopen() overcomes this, it
either has other means of detecting that the request was answered or it
uses "Connection: close" too.

--
Skippy - Romanian Web Developers - http://ROWD.ORG