Re: Re: stream_set_timeout() stream_get_meta_data() etc...

Al wrote:
> I've
> always been told you can't make a progress bar or list with php.  Well
> here it
> is, at least it works with IE6 and Mozilla.

A progress bar for download/transfer/processing can be done nicely, but
not for, say, file upload.

Unless you want to use this one which relies on JavaScript and pounds the
hell out of your server with Refreshes to check the progress:
http://pdoru.from.ro/

At which point, I'd wonder why one wouldn't just use JavaScript to do the
updates and push data a chunk at a time somehow, so you can keep the
math/percentage on the browser side where it belongs.

Or you could just build a better browser, and maybe even draft a standard
for same, that provides a progress bar for file upload.  Wouldn't that be
pleasant?

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm