Re: file upload error

Thanks for the replies. My manual was out of date, not that it would have made any difference to this anyway as .....
upload_tmp_dir variable was correctly set in the php.ini file, and I'd restarted the web server several times. It seems however that the file is getting cached somehow, and is not re-read until I restart the entire box. Anyone out there know why this may be, or a slightly better way of getting around it than rebooting?
(By the way, the upload functionality is fine after the reboot :))

Ta

Tom
Marek Kilimajer wrote:

Tom wrote:

Hi

I have a very simple file upload form and script to handle it (copied verbatim from the php manual, except for the file target location and the script name).
However, it always fails, with an error code in the _FILE array or 6.
Does anyone know what this error is or what I am likely to have set wrong? All that I can find in the docs are errors from 0 to 4 :-(

It's there:
http://sk.php.net/manual/en/features.file-upload.errors.php

UPLOAD_ERR_NO_TMP_DIR

Value: 6; Missing a temporary folder. Introduced in PHP 4.3.10 and PHP 5.0.3.

    Note: These became PHP constants in PHP 4.3.0.

Set the correct upload_tmp_dir in php.ini and restart webserver