Re: Question about Safe Mode

Rick Root wrote:
I have a little home made CMS that writes files... on the server I've
recently installed this CMS on, those files get written as apache:apache ...

that file uses include to include other files that are not owned by
"apache", and this doesn't work.

Warning: main(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid
is 48 is not allowed to access ./inc_pagecontent.php owned by uid 538 in
/home/virtual/site36/fst/var/www/html/test.php on line 3

So... how do I work around this? Can I get php to write the files so they aren't owned by "apache" but rather thwn owner of the php script that creates them?

You can use ftp php functions to upload the files from within your script to the desired location. They will be owned by whatever user you used to log in.