Re: Permissions on uploaded image don't allow for over writing

On Sunday 30 January 2005 23:04, Dave wrote:

>     I'm not sure what you mean when you say "use PHP's FTP". I'm using
> $HTTP_POST_FILES because the files are retrieved through a web form.

What is meant by that is that after the file is uploaded, during your
processing of the upload file, instead of using something like
move_uploaded_file() you use php's ftp_*() functions to FTP upload that file
back to the server, in the process that file will be owned by whatever ftp
user account you used to perform the ftp operations.

>     As for the user, I would assume that it's whatever default for any
> viewer coming to a web page. I have people log in using a user name and
> password retrieved from a MySQL database, but I don't see how the
> browser or the server would know about that.
>     The thing is I'm really a newbie at this Unix server and file
> permission thing. I was really hoping that there was some parameter I
> could set to have the uploaded file set to full access permissions,

Have a look at umask() and chmod().