Re: Permissions on uploaded image don't allow for over writing

John, Hugh,
I'm not sure what you mean when you say "use PHP's FTP". I'm using $HTTP_POST_FILES because the files are retrieved through a web form.
As for the user, I would assume that it's whatever default for any viewer coming to a web page. I have people log in using a user name and password retrieved from a MySQL database, but I don't see how the browser or the server would know about that.
The thing is I'm really a newbie at this Unix server and file permission thing. I was really hoping that there was some parameter I could set to have the uploaded file set to full access permissions, as it took all the PHP scripting knowledge I had just to get it working as much as it is now.
I guess what confuses me most is, if the file was uploaded from a user from the web, how is it not already on the same permission level for other users also accessing the file from the web? It seems like any user can upload and make a file that they can't touch again, and requires an administrator to get rid of.

--
Dave Gutteridge
dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx