Re: PHP4/Apache2 Content-Length stripped?

Stoian Ivanov wrote:
Richard Lynch wrote:

Stoian Ivanov wrote:

I'm writing a wap download script involving dynamic image resizing and so
on. I've notice that some phones are quitting in the mids of http
transfer.
After looking further I found out that headers() is sometimes ignored or
stripped. I've googled around and found in a perl forum that flush-ing
helps but in PHP4.3.10/Apache2/Gentoo/linux2.6  it seems to not help (at
least in my configuration) Is there a work-around or something...
          (I'm going to post same question in apache's mailiing list..)

WILD GUESS

It sounds like the phones are simply ignoring any image larger than X
bytes.

Actually, I thought that size limitations would be an issue as well. Especially for images... and especially for my dinosaur of a phone :)

Some may ignore most won't. Modern phones have megabytes of memory. Anyway this is not the problem. There is a fine working custom http server but it

Wish you would have stated the original problem in the first place then! All is not lost. If I were you I would start by going to http://www.hawhaw.de and checking to see if that fit my needs.

is for windows and since we're migrateing to Linux we/I have to produce a
solution. So I pick up PHP/Apache and now I have a problem :(

If hawhaw doesn't work and you can't bend PHP / Apache to do what you need (at least not quickly enough) you could always try emulating windows on the Linux box and running that custom server. It would totally blow (if it even worked), but hey, it's a last resort.

-- Teach a man to fish...

NEW? | http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
STFA | http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-general&w=2
STFM | http://www.php.net/manual/en/index.php