Re: PHP4/Apache2 Content-Length stripped?

Richard Lynch wrote:

> Stoian Ivanov wrote:
>> I'm writing a wap download script involving dynamic image resizing and so
>> on. I've notice that some phones are quitting in the mids of http
>> transfer.
>> After looking further I found out that headers() is sometimes ignored or
>> stripped. I've googled around and found in a perl forum that flush-ing
>> helps but in PHP4.3.10/Apache2/Gentoo/linux2.6  it seems to not help (at
>> least in my configuration) Is there a work-around or something...
>>            (I'm going to post same question in apache's mailiing list..)
>
> WILD GUESS
>
> It sounds like the phones are simply ignoring any image larger than X
> bytes.

Some may ignore most won't. Modern phones have megabytes of memory. Anyway
this is not the problem. There is a fine working custom http server but it
is for windows and since we're migrateing to Linux we/I have to produce a
solution. So I pick up PHP/Apache and now I have a problem :(