Re: PHP Application server / Expression of Interest

Chris W. Parker wrote:
Devraj Mukherjee <mailto:lugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 3:34 PM said:

I recently passed around an email enquiring about the existance of an
application server solution for PHP. Thanks to some of the responses,
that lead my research further.

Pardon my ignorance but, what is an "application server"?

I'm assuming he means a process which contains/maintain 'space' for long term classes/objects/vars/etc which instantly available in every request space and sharable across requests (of different users)

so you could do something like (just a thought):

startMyApp('OfficeCalendar');

and then you script could talk to objects that exist server wide
for everyone as if they were objects taken from the session or
created in that particular request.

am I even close?

Chris.