php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I had a php routine on a shared server running as a CGI script that encrypted and sent email text.

It was running fine under PHP version 4.3.6. Then the ISP upgraded to 4.3.10 on December 16, 2004 and several of the features in the gpg encryption script running in cgi-bin stopped working.

phpinfo() in a script run from cgi-bin reports Server API = Apache. Isn't it supposed to be CGI??

Initially, fopen(), mail(), and the passthru( ) of the gpg command would not work.

The ISP did something, and got it back so fopen() and mail() works, but files are still being created as "nobody nobody". The gpg command that works from the shell, returns result=2 when run through the script.

I've tried shell_exec() also.

Isn't running the script in cgi-bin SUPPOSED TO run as myusername rather than as nobody?

What mistakes m I making? Is this a php upgrade/configuration problem that the ISP needs to look at, or it is a general security issue which used to work but now is not going to be allowed... and the ISP doesn't want to tell me?

Any thoughts or suggestions, inside or outside the box on how I can get back to the same functionality as I had before December 16, 2004?

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Best regards,
Ralph Frost

Imagine consciousness as a single internal analog language
made of ordered water, fabricated on-the-fly during respiration.