Re: Inconsistent behavior, same code, different server

Rob Tanner wrote:
> I have a php application that I developed on my RH Linux workstation
> running
> Apache v1.3.20 and PHP v4.3.6.  The actual production system is also RH
> Linux
> but running Apache v2.0.47 and PHP v4.3.6.  The php.ini file on both
> system
> is the same.  The application talks to our sieve server and enables users
> setup email forwarding and vacation responses.  After the user presses the
> submit, the application connects to the sieve server and correctly sets up
> the filter.  This works properly on both my workstation/development system
> and the production server.  The application then displays a status page
> indicating whether or not forwarding was setup and the forward address,
> and
> whether or not a vacation response was setup and the response text.  The
> status display values are each based on the value of a single variable
> ($fmode and $vmode respectively).  On my development system, this page
> displays perfectly correctly, but on the production server the status page
> always displays forwarding as unset.
>
> Granting the possibility that I may have unintentionally defined the
> variables differently, what might cause them to be treated one way on my
> development system and another on the production server given that the
> php.ini file is the same on both systems?  Any clues?

First, use <?php phpinfo();?> to confirm 100% that the php.ini file you
think is loading is actually loading.

Next, be sure your Apache was restarted.

Finally, I'd look (maybe even grep) for some kind of auto_prepend script
or bug or something odd with the name 'fmode' outside of your scripts.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm