Re: PHP in MS-DOS

Thanks, but I'm not running Windows, I'm running just MS-DOS from a bootable floppy. Hence my question :-)

PHP seems to actually be the php5ts.dll. Would there be binaries for MS-DOS or is there a way to get this working?

Thanks!
-Shawn

Jason Barnett wrote:
Shawn McKenzie wrote:

I have not been successful with running PHP under DOS (no windows). Is this possible?

TIA,
Shawn

For windows specific questions you are usually better off asking on the php-windows list.

Yes this is possible. What is probably happening is your PHP script is executing (and ending) so quickly that you don't see the output. Try this:

C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\CMD.EXE /K "C:\PHP\php.exe -f yourfile.php"

Or if you are lazy like me, try this:
- Open Windows Explorer
- Go to Tools -> Folder Options
- Go to File Types
- Find the entry for PHP and hit "Advanced"
- Hit "New"
- For the name enter something like CLI
- For the application use C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\CMD.EXE /K "C:\PHP\php.exe -f %1"

At this point you can decide to make this the default action for .php files. But at a minimum this should enable you to right-click and run a script from the command line.

Merry Christmas (a month late even :)