Re: PHP in MS-DOS

Shawn McKenzie wrote:
Thanks, but I'm not running Windows, I'm running just MS-DOS from a bootable floppy. Hence my question :-)

PHP seems to actually be the php5ts.dll. Would there be binaries for MS-DOS or is there a way to get this working?

Thanks!
-Shawn

You darn trickster... don't tell me you're running DOS 3.2 even! Hehe

I don't know for certain that PHP will run on a pure DOS system. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. In any case you can download the Windows executable (or build it yourself from source, if you feel so brave!) from php.net. To test if your script will work is the same as I already stated:

cd\your\php\directory
php.exe -f yourfile.php
cross fingers and pray to whatever god(s) you might believe in.  :)

--
Teach a person to fish...

Ask smart questions: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
PHP Manual: http://www.php.net/manual/en/index.php