Re: Data Enryption

Jochem Maas wrote:
John Nichel wrote:

Jochem Maas wrote:
<snip>

(no disrespect to Zend, but ZCE _sounds_ a lot like MSCE and everyone
knows what thats worth  ;-)  - just a but of humour guys!)

<snip>

Oh yeah, I can hear all the Zend people laughing from here.

good cos that means they have a better sense of humour that most Softies. my dig was at MCSE actually, which is just as unfounded as likening it to ZCE, and nobody seems to be complaining about me ripping into MCSE - double standards guys!

I'm sorry I can't take this too seriously (IT that is) - half the people on the planet don't even have running water. and with regard to IT, the target is moving so fast that any form of certification is bound to go out of date faster than a can of milk in the sahara.

Another thing about certification and exams - if you take them and pass it tells the world exactly one thing - your good at cramming info and passing exams. And as far as commercial certification goes my own, jaded, opinion is that these setups are there to make money not because of some altruistic desire to increase general competance.

But just to be absolutely clear:
Zend people, ZCEs, anyone else remotely offended; I was only joking, I didn't mean any offence and I apologize if I caused any. My view on Zend is that overall its a great company, the guys that run it and work there deserve the success they are getting and I commend them for the way they are integrating a commercial business with Open Source.

How's the view from on top of your soap box?

--
By-Tor.com
...it's all about the Rush