Data Enryption

Hi,

I have site that allows users to upload private information to our server.
We would like to encrypt the data for security reasons and only allow
certain users to be able to un-encrypt the data and view it. I have looked
at the PHP encryption functions and they appear to be one way algorithms - I
am guessing this is the whole point of encrption ;)

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding this?

Many thanks