Re: Environment and Modules

> 1) I want PHP to look for my php.ini file in the php folder (c:\php4) but
> it
> refuses to do so. Setting PHPRC doesn't help and this setting actualy
> won't

I believe that directory is compiled into your php.exe and php4ts.dll (?)
file -- and it cannot be changed from any external setting/action on your
part, unless you want to re-compile.

If Windows had real symbolic links instead of stupid "shortcuts" I'd say
to just put a link in c:\php4...

Actually, I guess a short-cut in c:\php4 will "work" in that when you use
Windoze to open it, it will open the c:\winnt\php.ini instead.  It will
just be useless to every program other than Windows.

> 2) Some modules won't load, php_mcrypt.dll for one. I tried setting the
> "extension_dir" (extension_dir = "c:\php4\extensions") but that doesn't
> help. Copying the dll to the "c:\winnt\system32" folder doesn't work
> either.
> Some modules do load however (php_df.dll loads fine from the same
> location),
> it's just some modules that don't/won't. Examples are: php_mcrypt.dll,
> php_mhash.dll and php_xmlrpc.dll.
> What I want to accomplish here is that modules can load (obviously) :-)
> Any help on these matters will be appreciated immensly!

If you got other Modules to load from directory X, and the files you want
to load are in directory X, then moving them to directory Y is *not* gonna
help.

There must be something wrong with the DLL files themselves.  Check your
IIS error log (assuming such a thing exists) for more info.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm