Environment and Modules

Hi There,

I recently installed PHP and have two things going on that I can't seem to
rectify or solve.
If I may use the collective knowledge of PHP users/developers on these
groups I would be grateful.

First some info on my setup:
OS : Windows 2000 Server
Webserver :IIS6
PHP : 4.3.10 (extracted zip version from php.net into folder "c:\php4")
phpinfo() page : www.jikade.com/test.php

The problems:

1) I want PHP to look for my php.ini file in the php folder (c:\php4) but it
refuses to do so. Setting PHPRC doesn't help and this setting actualy won't
show in the summary of phpinfo() in the environment section. I changed the
PATH environment variable to include "c:\php4" but that doesn't help either.
Putting the php.ini in the "c:\winnt" folder does work and then I configure
PHP through this file. Otherwise it won't load *any* php.ini file and use
defaults, or so it seems.
What I want to accomplish is that PHP finds and uses the php.ini file that
resides in the "c:\php4" folder

2) Some modules won't load, php_mcrypt.dll for one. I tried setting the
"extension_dir" (extension_dir = "c:\php4\extensions") but that doesn't
help. Copying the dll to the "c:\winnt\system32" folder doesn't work either.
Some modules do load however (php_df.dll loads fine from the same location),
it's just some modules that don't/won't. Examples are: php_mcrypt.dll,
php_mhash.dll and php_xmlrpc.dll.
What I want to accomplish here is that modules can load (obviously) :-)
Any help on these matters will be appreciated immensly!

ps: I used a MailExpire temporary email address to be able to post on this
newsgroup. Don't know if that's a faux-pas around here but I tend to be
realy carefull with my real email addresses on newsgroups due to spam
problems. If people say it's ok to use my real email address then I'll use
that one in future posts. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

--

Greetings,
Steven Spierenburg