RE: How to argue with ASP people...

-----Mensagem original-----
De: John Holmes

This is a workaround, really. Your code should be structured so that you
can decide if you need to perform a redirect before any output is sent
to the browser. If you're going to send them to another page, why would
you have any output anyhow? Using templates sometimes forces you to do
this, as you perform all of your business logic / PHP code before hand
and then display the appropriate templates. If you need to send the user
to another page, it's easy to do so at any point before your templates
are shown.
---John Holmes...

Yes you are right, that is what I am doing now, taking all validation /
verification functions that do not output html to top, after session
handling. This is my first php application as I am migrating from asp and
trying to "mirror" my application in php. I have separate php files to
handle different "areas" of the site and like you say I use header+footer
sort of template.

Thanks. Happy New Year!

Pedro Almeida.