Re: wrong value from define

> Arthur wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > in the following code, i want to get a constant value from config.php. I
> > don't receive the value, that is defined, but the name of the constant.
> > I tested the defines in config.php by echoing all defines, and it was
> > allright, so i'm quite confused why it doesn't work here.
> >
> > That's my piece of code (which is in a class in a file which is in the
same
> > dir as config.php):
> >
> > function reg($name, $pw, $ally, $act) {
> >   include('config.php');
> >   echo(DB_SERV_NAME . '<br>');
> >   $dbp = mysql_connect(DB_SERV_NAME, DB_USR_NAME, DB_PW);
> >   if(!$dbp) die ("MySQL-Fehler");
> >
> > Thats my error message:
> >
> > Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Unknown MySQL Server
Host
> > 'DB_SERV_NAME' (11001) in
> > C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\alliance\script\cl.member.php on line 34
> > MySQL-Fehler
> >
> > Normally, i should get 'localhost'.
> > Anyone who can help me?
> place this at the top of the file: error_reporting(E_ALL);
>
> Either you don't define the consatnts properly or the include file
> doesn't exist.

Well, I tested the constants by another script and they were fine and i
tried it with an non-exisitng file and there was an error message, thus this
file is found.
By the error_reporting i get follwing message:
Notice: Use of undefined constant 'DB_SERV_NAME' - assumed 'DB_SERV_NAME'...
That message occurs for every constant used in the mysql_connect statement.