Re: not gettingg desired results... is my programming logic run amuck...

On Tuesday 28 December 2004 13:00, GH wrote:

> I am having a problem with some php that I have written...  In an
> attempt to clearly state the problem and how it is supposed to work
> the following may be lengthy, to which I appologize for.

It's better to have a lengthy explanation of what your problem is rather than
havong to trade posts back and forth trying to determine what your problem
is, so no need to apologize. NB it is good to have a lengthy explanation but
not good to post lengthy code.

> I am not getting the results that I am expecting.  I am using the
> following url  to access my page.
>
> http://localhost/AHRC_PL/ahrc_programleader/ahrc_programleader.php?SID=1&ge
>t_switch=0

So what *do* you get?

> In the displayMenu() function it is  (1) supposed to print out a link
> to get an Attendance Sheet for the SID and  (2) check if an attendance
> report exists using the isAttendance Report() function... if there is
> it prints out a link to it (ahrc_programleader.php with SID=$SID and
> get_switch = 1. Otherwise it prints out "No Attendance Report
> Available".  the function isAttendanceReport() is supposed to return
> either a 0 if no report or invalid session id or 1 for is a report.
>
> function displayMenu($SID){
> echo "<a href=\"ahrc_programleader.php?SID=".$SID."&get_switch=2\">Print
> Attendance Sheet </a><br />\n";
> if(isAttendanceReport($SID))
>  echo "<a href=\"ahrc_programleader.php?SID=". $SID .
> "&get_switch=1\"> Print Attendance Report </a> <br>\n";
> else

Note that it is good practice to use { } around your statement(s).