How to delete text with replies for archive pages

Hey Everyone,

We are writing a web archive to a mail list server.
We want to be able to delete the footer that comes
through on every email so that we don't end up with
those long footers that are 4x repeated sometimes like
in the example here:
<email protected>
>>For additional commands, e-mail: php-general-help
>><email protected>
>>To contact the list administrators, e-mail:
php-list-admin <email protected>

>--
<email >protected>
>For additional commands, e-mail: php-general-help
><email protected>
>To contact the list administrators, e-mail:
>php-list-admin <email protected>

So in this case we want to delete each one of those
lines and the > in front of them.  What would be the
best way to do this?

Thanks!
Will