Re: mailto code for php

agent98@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> here is a website http://www.business-broker.co.nz/ under
> "tell a friend" is the page i need help.
> There is a "your email" box where you get a reply saying
> thanks for telling your friend about us msg which is ok  but
> where we have problem is the your "friends email" box where
> we want a mailto command to send to the friend. We have no
> luck there could you please let us know the code we should
> use and where to use it if possible please it would help my
> sanity very much and where does it go is it in the .lib or
> the .php file

http://php.net/mail
should do the trick, if you've configured PHP correctly in:
php.ini
and if your machine is configured to *allow* the PHP user to send email
using its MTA.

If you cannot make that work, you may also be able to use something from
http://phpclasses.org
to connect to an SMTP server you control so that PHP can use that to send
email.

I've got *NO* idea what your .lib and .php files look like, so can't tell
you where to put this code...   But it should be right before the HTML
that spits out the "thanks" reply -- and you should code your PHP so that
it only sends the "thanks" reply if you actually managed to send the email
out, and it should provide a useful error message if you failed to send
the email out.

Note that success in sending the email out does *NOT* guarantee successful
delivery, any more than dropping a letter in a mailbox or handing a
package to UPS/FedEx guarantees delivery.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm