Re: fsockopen to own server

Doc wrote:
>> not sure what you are trying to do but it sounds like you are using unix
>> domain sockets where you should be using tcp. That's why it might work
>> on one machine (where web and imap are both installed) and not on the
>> other where you only have the web server but the imap server is remote.
>
> This is actually the opposite of what is happening. It will work on the
> remote server but not the local one. I've tried using unix:// and it made
> no difference.
>
> Any other suggestions?

WILD GUESS ALERT!

What you got in /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny?...

Or any kind of other anti-bad-guy technology?...

Does it work if you use 127.0.0.1 for the IP/URL?
How about the actual IP of the machine?
localhost?

Just throwing out random things to try that might lead you somewhere.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm